Registration is now open for the virtual conference! Click here to register.
#ASFPM2020 is going virtual!
With our responsibility to minimize the spread of COVID-19 and with the health and safety of our members and attendees in mind, we have made the decision to cancel our in-person conference and make the shift to a virtual conference. The virtual conference will take place over the same dates as the in-person conference — Tuesday, June 9th to Thursday, June 11th.
While no event can truly replace the face-to-face interactions that an in-person event brings, we are actively working to reformat the 2020 ASFPM Annual National Conference into a robust online format. The virtual conference will include three days of live plenary sessions, over 50 concurrent sessions with more than 150 presentations, a virtual exhibit hall, sponsor interaction, live Q&A, and more!
After the live conference is over, attendees will have access to the entire virtual conference platform until January 31, 2021! Imagine the benefit of being able to log back into the platform to watch sessions you might have missed or would like to watch again.
Participation in the full virtual conference earns 12 Continuing Education Credits (CECs) for Certified Floodplain Managers (CFMs) upon attendance verification.
We are excited to offer this virtual conference for the cost of $300 for ASFPM members and $350 for non-members.
- – Please cancel your travel reservations immediately including hotel and airfare.
- – If you are a presenter and your abstract has been accepted, please know that we are planning to adapt our existing program to the new virtual format. With the reduction from nine concurrent tracks to six, there will be fewer speaking slots, however, we will be accommodating many of our presenters. Our program team will be in touch with you over the next two weeks.
– Register for the virtual conference here. If you have already registered for the in-person conference, contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your preference on how to move forward. These are your options:
– You would like to attend virtually and receive a refund for the difference in cost
– You are unable to attend virtually and wish to receive a full refund
Our team is available to respond to any questions and those can be directed to Sarah Waller (email@example.com). Also, please check back on our website for latest updates.
Thank you for your understanding in this unprecedented situation.
ASFPM Conference Team