The theme to this year’s conference—Resiliency Where the West Begins—has taken on new meaning as we transition the conference to a fully virtual event.
Today’s new normal calls for agility, flexibility, and yes, resiliency. Although we wish we could all meet in-person, we are embracing this opportunity to bring you an engaging, substantial, and convenient conference experience online.
We invite you to join flood-risk professionals from all over the world for our 44th annual conference, delivered virtually on June 9-11, 2020.
This three-day event includes daily plenary sessions and 54 concurrent sessions for a total of more than 150 presentations. All sessions will be actively moderated with live Q&A, and there will be a virtual exhibit hall showcasing the latest in floodproofing technologies, modeling, flood hazard mitigation, consulting services, and more.
After the live conference is over, attendees will have on-demand access to the entire virtual conference until January 31, 2021! Imagine the benefit of being able to log back into the platform to watch sessions you might have missed or would like to watch again.
- Flood mapping and modeling
- Flood mitigation including mitigation grant programs, and resilience/mitigation planning
- Building science and floodproofing
- National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP)
- Floodplain management regulations and higher standards
- Risk communication
- Risk informed decision making
- Natural and beneficial functions of floodplains including stream restoration and watershed management
- Post-disaster recovery
- Dam and levee planning, modeling and risk assessments
- Coastal resilience
- Stormwater management
Continuing Education Credits (CECs)
Registered attendees can earn 12 Continuing Education Credits (CECs) for Certified Floodplain Managers (CFMs) and 16 AICP CM’s for Planners. Credits are accrued for both live and on-demand participation, since the entire event is being recorded and will be available to registered attendees after the live event has concluded.
Pricing and Member Discounts
Register now to secure the best rates. The cost is $300 for ASFPM members and $350 for non-members.